Basic approach to
- (1) At ARUHI, we consider the rights of our shareholders and establish an environment for the appropriate exercise of rights. To drive sustainable growth and enhance our corporate value, we actively engage with our shareholders through general shareholders’ meetings and other opportunities.
- (2) The Board of Directors and other relevant bodies will, based on their fiduciary duties and accountability to our shareholders, show the overall directions, including our strategies, and support appropriate executive risk-taking, while providing highly effective oversight.
- (3) For perpetual enhancement of corporate value, we work with our stakeholders, including customers, employees, suppliers, creditors, and local communities, and respect mutual interests and values.
- (4) In addition to our business results and financial status, we proactively disclose non-financial information such as management strategies and issues, risks, and corporate governance, and ensure transparent business management through full disclosure of information.
Improving board effectiveness
To improve board effectiveness, an integral part of corporate governance, we have evaluation processes in place for identifying challenges and making improvements.
Understand situations around board operation through analyses of board-related documents and hearing from board members
Collect insights from directors, mainly through self-evaluation questionnaires
Identify challenges based on analyses of survey results while also reviewing other companies’ case studies and regulatory reforms
Report the evaluation results and identified challenges to the board and develop action plans for subsequent fiscal years
Implementing action plans
Carry out action plans to improve board operation and strengthen governance
Appointment of independent outside directors
ARUHI has a governance structure in which executive directors do not account for the majority of the board (3 inside directors, 3 outside directors).
As independent outside directors with extensive experience and knowledge, we appoint business company leaders and corporate governance experts and ensure transparent business operations.
Directors and Audit and Supervisory Board Members after the 7th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on June 24, 2021
|Hiroshi Hamada||Representative Director||●||●||●||●|
|Toshihiko Katusya||Representative Director||●||●||●|
|Yuji Harada||Full-time Audit and Supervisory Board Member||●||●||●||●||ー|
|Makoto Imamura||Audit and Supervisory Board Member||●||●||●||●||ー|
|Takeshi Nakano||Audit and Supervisory Board Member||●||●||●||●||ー|
|Mitsumasa Ueno||Audit and Supervisory Board Member||●||●||●||●||ー|
- (Notes) Each individual’s three main skills are indicated in the above table with black dots. This table does not indicate all the skills, abilities, and knowledge of these individuals.